Travelling to Australia
Immigration and Visas
All travellers, except New Zealand citizens, must obtain a visa or travel authority before travelling to Australia.
Plan your trip with australia.com, the official Tourism Australia website, offering a wide range of travel information and planning tools including over 2000 images, a currency converter, daily weather updates, interactive maps, suggested holiday itineraries, holiday deals, specialist travel agents and more. Available in nine languages.
Tourist Refund Scheme
The Tourist Refund Scheme enables you to claim a refund, subject to certain conditions, of the goods and services tax (GST) and wine equalisation tax (WET) that you pay on goods you buy in Australia.
Information for new arrivals ranging from citizenship, health, settlement help for migrants, working conditions or even buying a home in Australia.
Customs and Border Security
- The Australian Border Force (ABF) is Australia’s frontline border law enforcement and international customs agency. The ABF delivers Australia’s border enforcement policies, from the facilitation of legitimate trade and travel to immigration and customs enforcement in support of border security. The Department and the ABF work collaboratively to achieve sustainable joint outcomes across the border continuum. As Australia’s customs service, the ABF works to enhance economic growth through streamlined trade and traveller processes, while targeting trade enforcement activities to protect Government revenue and ensuring compliance with Australia’s customs laws.
- When you arrive or depart Australia, there are things you need to know and things you need to do.
- When you are travelling overseas or importing items, you need to know that some items can’t be brought back with you and for others you need to get permission.
- If you are travelling by boat the master of a vessel arriving in Australia is required by law to give notice of impending arrival at least 96 hours before arrival.
Foreign Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates in Australia
- Alphabetical list of Embassies and High Commissions by country
- Alphabetical list of Consulates by country
Jobs in Australia
The Australian High Commission in Vanuatu is not able to assist people in finding employment in Australia.